He will head the district that consists of 77 Clubs located in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand with its strength of 3400 members for the service year 2017 – 18 (i.e. from 1st July 2017 till 30th June 2018).
Sharing his vision District Governor T.K. Ruby said, “Now as District Governor, it is the opportunity to pursue my passion of service projects. I will dedicate my time as governor to destitute children and help them become self-dependent through education and vocational training.”
He further shared that, “It will be an exciting adventure as I spread the message for 2017-18, Rotary: Making a Difference. I will strengthen our clubs by encouraging them to increase membership, and implement more humanitarian service projects to benefit the needy.”
District Governor T.K. Ruby, shared the vision of Rotary International President IAN RISELEY who has given a theme:
Rotary: Making a Difference with following focus areas of service during 2017-18:
1. Supporting and Strengthening Clubs.
2. Humanitarian Service.
3. Enhancing Rotary Public Image.
In addition to the vision of Rotary International President, Ruby is determined to make a difference with his area of care in service:
1. To work with local communities in addition to International Service Projects.
2. Touching the lives with care and compassion with the help of grass-root Fellow Rotarians.
3. To Restore the dignity of fellow human beings to make a permanent impact in their life.