Jalandhar, May 22, 2019 ( By SK.Vyas ): The legend in medical Dr. M. D. Bowry – President of Bowry Memorial Educational and Medical Trust completed his journey on May 21, 2019, and merged into five elements. He breathed his last at 6:00 AM. in the morning hours.
He was born on July 8, 1936, in the family of Dr. W.R. Bowry and Smt. Shampyari Bowry. He started his education from Ludhiana and did his MBBS from Medical College, Amritsar. He worked in Gulab Devi Hospital for a few years and in 1972 started his practice in Bowry Clinic, Panjpeer, Jalandhar. Dr. M. D. Bowry lived a very simple life and always ready to help the needy.
His magnanimity was exhibited when he gave money to his needy patients, to buy fruits and food. He assisted and supported his wife Late Smt. Kamlesh Bowry while establishing the sapling of Innocent Hearts and motivated them to work on the principle of “Quality Education at Affordable Price” to provide education to each strata of society. The whole Bowry Family; his sons Dr. Anup, Dr. Chander and daughter–in–laws Mrs. Shally and Mrs. Aradhana are following his footsteps and working for the welfare of the society.
He started a charitable dispensary at Innocent Hearts Fields, Loharan where free check-up facility is provided to all. His warm personality and his values won the hearts of all the family members and will be fondly remembered by one and all. He was cremated by his elder son Dr. Anup Bowry at Crematory Ground in Model Town on 21st May at 6 p.m. On his cremation his family, dignitaries of the city, Educationists, Bureaucrats, Doctors, his admirers, friends across the political spectrum came to pay homage. His death left behind a huge void for family and the society which can never be filled.